MAGNIFICENT SUNSET

MAGNIFICENT SUNSET
GRAND CANYON SUNSET

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

VACATION DAYS 4 and 5 IN CRAIG

It was very restful and entertaining to be lazy while enjoying Judy and Greg's home and yard. Animals wander through the yard at any time. Their neighbor across their back yard has bird feeders to attract critters. Squirrels played , cats waited for birds under the feeder, deer stopped to have a look at what I was doing.


......




This squirrels tail is awesome.







Judy's clematis vine was well past flowering and I can imagine how beautiful the blossoms were but what is left is striking too. I couldn't resist enhancing the vine and berries with a photo shop application.



At the edge of town we visited a private museum surrounded by acres of fields with wonderful weeds for birds, rusting resting farm equipment, and even a resident elk Clyde.


.......................................


There are abandoned cars and even a red caboose. The caboose reminds me of the days long ago when I read the Boxcar Children stories. Not only that but I grew grown up along side a steel and metal business where I played for hours in the "junk yard" as I called it. I could have wondered around here for hours.



In fact I never got inside the museum with Larry. Look what he found inside with hundreds of other interesting exhibits. Next time I won't miss the tour.

A few black clouds gathered over the grasses and spit on us. I meandered over to the pond and found more birds, ducks and cattails. Wow, it was a wonderful place.



.................................................



We took a tour of the downtown area and drove past the houses we had lived in back in the eighties. They have built a new hospital, added some new shopping choices and it looks like a great place to live.
We lived here after purchasing the home 6 months after moving to Craig from Virginia.

For years Craig has held a wood carving event at the town park and the artists carvings are a permanent fixture there. It is amazing to see their carving skills displayed.
.....

Greg took Larry fishing on Steamboat lake and they were all smiles arriving home. Larry caught the big one of the day.

No comments: