MAGNIFICENT SUNSET

MAGNIFICENT SUNSET
GRAND CANYON SUNSET

Monday, June 14, 2010

WOODS CANYON LAKE





Larry wanted to get some fishing done since he has a new license. I have the new camera lens to play with. A perfect match. We headed north through Pinetop and drove along the Mogollon Rim to the lake.
It wasn't long before I spotted a bald eagle watching all the action. I first saw him fly into my view and after he landed I realized what he was.



I was near the rocky shore secretly taking Larry's picture and wanted to get a closer shot of the eagle. That's how the trouble began. I was climbing through boulder city but looking up. Was I surprised to find myself behind a family fishing! The lady yelled at me for being too close. As she cast her line and the hook whizzed through the air inches from me I could see how I needed her advice! She shouted "there's a beautiful path right above you".





As I got closer to the eagle I kept taking pics so now you'll be bored looking at them! You even get a butt shot.




So, after 100 pictures I found the beautiful path 10 feet up the bank and returning to Larry was a piece of cake. Only now his pole broke and he's replaced the pole with his camera. HMMMMM I really did not need competition. Ha! A light bulb went off in my brain and I slap myself upside the head near the explosion. This is my blog!!! You can see his pictures on his facebook page.


It was so good to walk through the trees and smell the pines. Sunlight flashes through the branches and it's hard to follow the paths of startled birds and critters. Down below the water sparkles and I spy on all the activities.




The familiar American Robin and the Southern Rockies Steller's Jay



It was another great road trip. As we drive home and the familiar desert scenery takes over I think about how fickle I am. It's so beautiful.



No comments: