MAGNIFICENT SUNSET

MAGNIFICENT SUNSET
GRAND CANYON SUNSET

Thursday, May 27, 2010

IMPROVED PHOTOGRAPHS THANKS TO LARRY



A few weeks ago Larry surprised me with a present! Here you can see it on our recent trip to Woods Canyon Lake. Yes, I have a new lens for my camera, the Canon Image Stabilizer. He must have noticed that I can't hold the camera steady! Hm mm, a flash image of me pumping my arms with those misplaced dumbbells has appeared. Now I can see a whole video of it. Go, Eileen, go! More muscles should help the wobbly problem, huh? I wonder where they are?

Never mind with that. I want to share my improved photos with everyone. First we were up at the crack of dawn the next day and went to our favorite riparian park in Gilbert. Swallows were swooping over the ponds, a butterfly sunned herself, duck families played follow the leader in green yuk and the great tailed grackle found breakfast.












This tiny little bird, a Verdin, is about 4 inches long and he can be spotted everywhere. This month all the new blossoms are yellow and he looks color co-ordinated. I have featured him before in this blog.








This bird is a new sighting for me. After much studying I think he is a "Albert's Towhee".
A secretive bird found in west and south Arizona.





The entrance of the park was a good place to rest and observe birds who occupy those holes the woodpeckers make in the saguaros. The woodpeckers of course live there but the thrasher and the European starling were taking advantage of them too. The saguaro blossom is our state flower and they are beautiful right now. The Gila woodpecker with the red spot is the male.




No comments: