MAGNIFICENT SUNSET

MAGNIFICENT SUNSET
GRAND CANYON SUNSET

Monday, April 19, 2010

ELLEN AND I WALKED FERDIE AND MIMZIE AY THE RIPARIAN

Sunday morning's walk was different for me. We took Ellen's Yorkies along and they wanted to visit with every other dog they saw. Believe me, dogs were plentiful. Gazillons of flowering shrubs were showing off their beauty.





My idea was to look for the peach love birds I photographed last year and the yellow headed Verdin's nest in the same area. We weren't the only people disappointed by the lovebirds absence. And the nest was hidden by the spring growth so that was a bust too. All was not for naught. I enjoyed walking with Ellen, Ferdie and Mimzie surrounded by ponds, blossoms, trees and all the wonderful sounds of nature.








The American Avocet pictured here is new for my list. I saw a huge Blue Heron take flight and only managed to get a distant blurry photo.

No comments: