MAGNIFICENT SUNSET

MAGNIFICENT SUNSET
GRAND CANYON SUNSET

Monday, March 8, 2010

A visit to the Riparian Park in March


Trees and bushes are waking up. We've had a lot of rain this winter and the desert is so green now. The wild flowers on the desert floor should be spectacular this year. The flowers will dry up in summer though and pose a fire danger. Everyone will need to be careful. All it takes is a hot car pulling off the road and parking over dried material to start a fire.
These flowers are in a neighbors yard close to Eunice's house.


On this trip I spotted Red wing blackbirds in the trees. They are most beautiful when they take flight. My shot was taken by accident so it's not very good but you can see how pretty the bird looks in flight.



The yellow headed bird I posted last trip showed up again and this time I found his hide-a-way. It's about 7 feet up in a tree and the entrance is so small I thought I was seeing things when he disappeared into the nest. I will re post his portrait from last trip and now the shot of him sitting at his front door. This time I carefully went through every bird book page but had no luck identifying him.



Of course there are ducks aplenty but this picture pleases me and hopefully you will agree.


Another hummingbird posed for me.


Quail are plentiful at LaCasa Trails. This one is sitting on a fence. I had no idea they fly about and sit on fences or in trees. Pretty silly of me since they are birds. I enjoy the quail families crossing the street in my mother's neighborhood.










No comments: