MAGNIFICENT SUNSET

MAGNIFICENT SUNSET
GRAND CANYON SUNSET

Friday, May 30, 2014

EILEEN HAD CARPAL TUNNEL RELEASE SURGERY 9 DAYS AGO


IS THIS WHAT THE SURGEON SAW?
 
I'm quite sure the surgeon had a different view when he looked for my median nerve in each hand and cut the transverse carpal ligament to release pressure on the median nerve.  Last Thursday I had the follow-up visit and I have a thumb's up to get on with it.  I asked if physical therapy was necessary and got a negative response.  Hmmm.

So, I'm googling and reading with the intent of doing my own PT.  I found this website. http://www.methodistorthopedics.com/Endoscopic-Carpa-Tunnel-Release
They don't recommend heavy grasping or pinching for 6 weeks.  I must begin with active hand movements and range of motion exercises.  All righty then.

As for my photograph...It's almost a silhouette.  I only appreciate bird silhouettes if you can identify the bird.  That's a teardrop-shaped plume to me and according to my bird book only the Gambel's Quail has that.

Who will argue with me?

No comments: