MAGNIFICENT SUNSET

MAGNIFICENT SUNSET
GRAND CANYON SUNSET

Saturday, April 21, 2012

JANUARY 2012



 SOPHIE TURNED 5! IT SEEMS LIKE JUST YESTERDAY SHE WAS JUST AN ARMFUL.
Jan. 2007

We celebrated at Peter Piper with pizza and games.






Jan 2012





Luke and neighbor Paul



Aunt Lindsay and cousin Mckenna












Birthday girl Sophia






Brayden




CLUTTER, CLUTTER AND MORE CLUTTER 

It's fitting to have a project to complete for the new year.  It won't take you long to see what I've chosen after I post the pictures of my office space carved out of the family room.  To find a way to make it look neat all the time even though I might be working on a project. That's the goal!



Are you thinking I should put things away as soon as I use them?  It's a good rule for sure. A matter of discipline.  I'm cringing as I load these pictures.  I'm open to suggestions so don't be shy. My email is EBAUER9@Q.COM


YEA! ROAD TRIP

It was time well spent in northeast Arizona. Traveling north to Flagstaff and east to Winslow was the destination. Winslow was a new town for us on the Route 66 highway. It also boasts a building Mary Coulter designed along the railway.

The structure remains well kept and once again functions as a hotel, the La Posada. The back door is a hop, skip and jump from the track and in one life was just used as a railway office building.  Lunch was wonderful. We toured the upstairs museum and explored the courtyard.

 In 1970 Larry and I vacationed at the Grand Canyon on our first anniversary. We stopped at the Painted Desert, Meteor Crater and Petrified Forrest. Not much has changed in these 42 years except the camera technology.

Somewhere east of Flagstaff I  turned around to photograph Mount Humphreys. This might be my favorite photo of it. OK it is my favorite.




  Winslow was still sporting the holiday look, a pleasant surprise. Larry magically photoshopped both of us into the picture standing on the corner of Rt 66. The building behind us is really just a wall artistically displayed for that era.


on the left side you can see it's just a facade

across the street



clever Larry






merchant holiday decor











I was fascinated by the wreath so a close-up is necessary. I must remember to save old discs for crafts and decorating!


Farther east on the main street we located the famous La Posada.






front from the corner

upstairs museum



center hallway







courtyard hideaway

out the back door













looking west from hotel
Onward to the crater, Painted Desert and Petrified Forrest.




Larry created this postcard




Painted Desert




















Petrified Forest






Well now, the trip would not be complete without a raven picture.



No comments: