MAGNIFICENT SUNSET

MAGNIFICENT SUNSET
GRAND CANYON SUNSET

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Riparian trek and October fun




It's been great fun getting out the old Halloween costumes I made for our kids so long ago. The grand kids tried them on and I could not resist getting Bruce involved. The kids have been making witches, pumpkins and spiders to take home.


We re-visited the Gilbert park only to discover the area is much more extensive than we knew. I think Larry did walk all paths this time but I got bogged down waiting for the right photographic moment.


A cormorant bird rewarded me by popping up out of the water with a fish in his beak. His appearance was a great surprise. Larry's photo of an egret family is great!


I did see a greater variety of birds this time. The pair of lovebirds were not as skittish as others. They were fun to watch. A few blossoms were still around even though it's October. The purple prickly pear cacti always catch my attention.



This hummer isn't very colorful but he sure posed pretty for me. The dragonflies were abundant that day. It's hard for me to capture their picture but this one kept coming back to this stalk, allowing me to get "ready"!


No comments: