MAGNIFICENT SUNSET

MAGNIFICENT SUNSET
GRAND CANYON SUNSET

Saturday, February 7, 2009

BIRTHDAY, DAY TRIPS AND BIRDS OH MY!

Wow. This week we toured the Desert Botanical Gardens in Phoenix and were amazed by the Chihuly glass exhibit. Chihuly's work is in many museums worldwide and at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. There you can view his wonderful ceiling sculpture. I couldn't resist taking pictures of butterflies, squirrels and birds. I think the grey bird is a thrasher but I'm not sure which one.

















Last Sunday many of you watched the Superbowl. We've always found it to be a good time to be out and about because of the fewer crowds. This year we went to the San Xavier Mission in Tucson. The scaffolding on the front of the structure has been removed until march when the renovation/clean-up starts for the right side. The inside is very busy and colorful. Outside I spotted a Gila woodpecker. Isn't he a beauty? That red spot on the top of his head helped me identify him. I can never resist the dove photo opportunity.






We had a birthday celebration for Sophie in January. She turned 2! How wonderful to have a granddaughter and such a girlie girl. Yesterday I got her dressed to do an errand while babysitting and she had on a navy dress with a pink hair bow and pink shoes and socks. As soon as she realized we were leaving she ran and got her spangled pink purse to carry on her arm.


Eunice and I were speechless for a moment.


No comments: